Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swedish colors at the request of the boys

Alrighty, I will try these colors out for a bit. I am not sure if I like them. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the Swedish colors. My Grandfather was from Sweden. Oland, to be exact. He was probably my favorite person in the world. I miss him terribly. I will write more about Grandpa another time. 
Anyway, I am just playing with the decor as I did not really like the cutesy dots but I am technologically challenged, so I felt I had to make due with what I could find. I am going to venture out and see what I can do.....in time. Today I am going to cover my floors. Craigslist is calling!
By the way, I have purchased some really amazing pieces of furniture. I bought a Henredon coffee table for $75. The exact Asian/ almost Empire style legs I was looking for. A really solid, expensive piece. I have a feeling the woman was getting even with her boyfriend. Not sure. But, it turns out to be my gain. She said it was her piece, but then she told a story of how he was away on some amazing tropical trip without her. Hmmmm....and she is selling expensive furniture at lowball prices. I did mention it is in my nature to trust people. So I did. Until the drive home from San Jose, which is about 45 min. from SF. That is when allowed myself to even think she might be selling the good stuff as a surprise for BF's arrival.
Yikes, I just hope it does not spill onto my Karma. My intentions were good!

The other great thing I got was an antique mirror. I was looking for a particular style and price range. It had to be ornate but not too ornate. It had to be under $100 and antique. It also had to be at least 42" in length to fit in my bathroom. It is absolutely gorgeous. 
Although my friends think it should go in the living room. I think it goes nicely where it is. It is too small for the living room. My bathroom has the original tile from 1926 and I think it is so charming with the mirror. 
Okie dokie, I am going to make an attempt at getting more of my hardwood floors covered.

Toodles!
L

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

The Blue and Yellow for the main part work fine, but I would recommend a lighter blue for the side panel with black text :o)

Glad you got some good pieces today.