Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Ready For Halloween


 Christiaan has his costume pretty much taken care of. Well, he has the mask and that is most of it. He and about six of his friends are going to be The Joker's crew from The Dark Knight. If you saw the movie, they wore the masks in the opening robbery scene. 
Reid purchased a Zombie costume yesterday. He set out to find a Zombie and we found just the right, scary, bloody, icky, walking dead.
Now it was Pierce's turn. Nothing seemed to pique his interest....until his brother pimped him out!
That 's it! Flava Flav! He wanted to be Pimp Daddy, FLava Flav. Just how does an 8 year old child even know who this character is, anyhow? Does he listen to Public Enemy? NO! Does he watch Flavor of Love? I sure hope not. I know Christiaan has watched it. Yes, I am shaking my head! 
So as we pimp out my middle born child, and the tears roll down my cheeks, the voice of reason sounds from somewhere behind me. Of course, it was my eldest child.
"Uh, Mom? Pierce is going to get a conduct referrel for that costume!"
"NOOOO! Wait, you think so?"

So I find a group of three boys that appear to be in school uniforms, thinking that they go to Catholic school, too. 

"Excuse me, boys, can I ask you something? Would you get in trouble for going to school on Halloween dressed as Flava Flav?"

"Who?"

"OK. Would you get in trouble for this costume?"

Here is my sweet little Piercey Pie in an oversized clock, the Viking Horns a pair of pimp shades and various other pimpish items.

They all agreed that in their school, it would not be acceptable.

Pierce was crushed! He loved the Flav costume.

I called several friends on the spot to ask opinions. I did not put one single item on him that actually said "Pimp", because, you know the grill he wanted had "Pimp" printed across it. 

My boys were Rastas one year. No one got upset. 

Just how out of line would it be for him to be Flav for Halloween? My own judgement on this one is way off, obviously.

7 comments:

garnett109 said...

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.
Send the boy as pimp daddy flav if they don't like it they'll send him home

Beth said...

Personally, I think it's hilarious and harmless, but I've got a pretty warped sense of humor, so I might not be the best one to ask!

Beth

M said...

LOL I think its funny too.

My son went to school as Rick James once- he kept walking around saying I'm rick james bitch lol.

Not in front of the teachers though and it was only a wig.

I have a warped sense of humor myself so I might not be the best one to ask lol.

Tawnya said...

I think that it is funny.... Although I did not go to Catholic school... Maybe call the school and ask?

SHOOBIE HUNTER said...

I THINK IT IS FUNNY AS HELL..I'D SEND THEM AND IF THE SCHOOL DON'T LIKE IT..TUFF..THEY CAN SEND THEM HOME...KIDS SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE KIDS.IT IS HALLOWEEN AFTER ALL..

Suzy said...

Oh God I HATE PC when it comes to kids. I wish people would grow a sense of humour!

Laura said...

I totally forgot about the fat old lady with missing dog costume...dog was up the butt. That was my Christiaan one year. Yikes.