Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jury Duty!











I was so excited that I did not have to report to Jury Duty on Monday that it completely slipped my mind to call in on Monday afternoon. Ooops. I called in today and found out that I was indeed supposed to report for jury duty today at 1:45 p.m. There was no way that was going to happen as I had a sick child home from school. Wait, I also have an appointment tomorrow....but wait, worse than that, on Friday, my kindergartner has been preparing the Mother's Day presentation and brunch for at least a month. They sing us songs that make us cry happy tears, they present us with art they did...amazing art. Portraits of us and a still life of a vase full of flowers. They also give us framed photo that the teacher took of us several weeks ago with our child. They make the frame out of wood and decorate it simply but beautifully. I already have two of these and have been looking forward to collecting the full set of three. I have also been dreading it in a way as it will be my last ever in this amazing class. 

I have become friends with the teachers over the years and I love these ladies.
I cannot imagine NOT going to this event. It is HUGE to me and to all of us in the school.  I was thinking of  all the awful things I might have to say in order to get kicked off of the jury. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Luckily, I called in and spoke to a nice lady and explained that I have one sick child and I don't know how long this will last. I also expect it to go through the family. She allowed me 90 days to postpone. I took two weeks. I will report on the 27th. I think  will be fine to go then.

Hopefully, they will not need me for anything. Hopefully, the fact that a couple of my best friends are cops is enough to get me excused.

I can only hope.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for stopping my and leaving a comment. I am not sure of the direction my paper will take yet, but I am planning on talking to a bunch of feamle soldiers as well as doing research in the library and on the internet. I hope that the jury duty thing works out for you. I am really excited to be starting my Psychology classes and would love to have someone to talk to that has been there...

Tawnya