Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm Not Dead Yet

Hello out there!
I bet you all thought I was...well...gone! I'm not. I have just been so darn busy. It's all good.

I love my job! I work with wonderful girls (Catholic High School) and great faculty and staff. I could not ask for more.
I admit that I am not a morning person, so getting up early and getting there on time is a bit of a challenge, but I find myself staying hours after everyone has left, so that I can get my work done.
I am one one of those counselors who tells kids that I am busy, come back later. I am there for them NOW. I think one must be there for the kids in the moment, or how can we be effective?

Anyway, I don't mind. I find that I do not take lunch breaks, either, but rather I eat lunch in my office as that is the time that the kids often come in to see me. I am aware that I need to be careful of burnout, so I will have to figure out a way to get a break at some point in the day.

I think that once I have been here for at least a year, I will have figured out how to work it all out, break included. For now, I am still learning parts of the job and how it all works here.

I know how lucky I am to work at this school. In fact, it was voted Best of the Bay in 2009 and Best place to work. Boy they were not kidding. It really is a good place to be.

I realize that every place of employment may have one or two people that get on your nerves, but for the most part...well aside from one big blow out fight that I had with my dept head early on...hahaha, it's all good now...it really is a good place to work! We had one big fight, but I think it needed to happen. It is perfectly fine now.

I am also in the process of high school applications for my oldest son. In San Francisco, that is a HUGE deal. The public schools here are not good, so we send our kids to Catholic or private schools. It is a huge ordeal and extremely competitive. Our kids compete with kids from all over the Bay Area for a spot in a SF private school...no matter how smart, talented, etc., the child, everyone freaks out. You must apply to at least 3 schools and see what happens. You may get into one or all three...or none. You find out in March.
So in addition to writing college letters of recommendation, I am doing this!

Now I am off to my son's schools for yet another event! Just wanted to let you all know....
I am alive and kicking!

L

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

So glad to hear that things are going well for you. What a change a year can make. Hope you find a good balance :o)

Tawnya said...

I have missed you! But so glad that you are happy doing what you are doing. I got my Associate degree and have started my Bachelor degree.. Yay me!

Anonymous said...

buy propecia cost of propecia treatment - buy brand name propecia